Sunday 1 November 2009

AVG 9 causing shut down problems in XP

You may have read in my previous post that I'd recently installed AVG 9 on some of my computers.  All's gone well except for my girlfriends HP Media Centre M7240.UK.  Shortly after installing AVG 9, XP started to struggle when shutting down, a number of applications would signal failures, namely WUAUCLT.exe, SVCHOST.exe, INETINFO.exe.  With nothing significant apparent on any troubleshooting websites and after numerous problem tracing attempts, removing unnecessary applications, running virus/spyware etc checks, registry cleaning etc.. nothing worked!  I've removed AVG 9 and installed Microsoft Security Essentials instead.  Since then the problem has gone away, the computer shuts down without any errors.  Have you had this problem?  Did you manage to solve the issue and keep AVG 9 installed?


No comments: