Saturday 27 February 2010

Weather Cam Update!

Right... after a number of teething problems with the weather cam, mainly the fact the software kept freezing and not updating the image, I have decided to try a different piece of software to stream my webcam to the internet.  I found another free piece of software called Web Cam XP which so far has done a much more reliable job of streaming pictures to the internet.  Its been running for approx 10 hours now without failure whereas I found Yawcam would stop streaming after about 2 hours, which is a shame because its a really good little program.

I've kept Yawcam for uploading pictures at intervals to my ftp server and for keeping pictures as a record of the weather on my PC.  WebCamXP's support of individual images wasn't as comprehensive or easy to operate as Yawcams.

No comments: