Tuesday 14 September 2010

A possible work around...

If that last post upset you as much to read as it did me to write.. then I'm sure you'll have gone off and made yourself a cup of tea.. or possible sobbed a little. Whilst on the phone I had the presence of mind to ask for the unlock code for my handset (if you've ever tried shoving an alternate sim card into your Streak you'll know what i mean).. anyway, this code will allow me to use any networks sim card in it. Bizarrely they have to post me this code and it takes up to 7 days.. I guess modern tech only gets us so far. Somewhere in Tibet there is a monk typing out (literally typing out on an old typewriter) unlock codes for mobile phones.

I couldn't find a picture of a Monk.. so here's a Monk-ey at a typewriter

A cunning plan.. I saw an advert in the Metro offering a sim only deal from Virgin for a 200 minutes, unlimited (there's that word again) texts and unlimited data. I'm planning on sticking the Virgin sim in the Streak and putting the O2 sim in my old E75. I love the Streak to bits however it does have its limitations.. perspiration and adverse weather being the latest.. during the commute to work, depending on the heat I perspire/sweat a little.. I always have around my side-burns.. so, when I press the phone against my lug hole the sweat transfers from my hair to my phone.. which renders the touch screen useless... similarly, rain drops effect the screen too.. its impossible to hang up on someone in anger with a touch screen phone if A) you're sweating B) crying C) outside on a rainy day.

I'll let you know how it goes.. take 2 phones in to the shower.. well.. not the Dell Streak because it won't work.

No comments: