Friday 25 March 2016

AMD Quick Stream Error

Hey, well my little (maybe not little) HP Pavillion G Series laptop (mentioned in a couple of posts years ago) is still going strong. She's have a couple of updates since then, has all the RAM she can handle and an SSD shoved inside to make it the best it can be.. even sporting Windows 10. I did get a Dell Latitude E6410 for my birthday from my Mrs, I missed the trackpoint from my Thinkpad T41/61. The Dell is great, built like a tank and quite dinky really.



Anyways, I came back to my HP and found this really annoying error at start up. Admittedly.. I don't start up anywhere near as often as I used to. I've found that Windows 10's energy saving settings make actually turning off the computer a bit of a waste of time.. I digress.. this is still annoying. I left it a little while, figuring it'd get sorting in the next Windows update.. it didn't.

The fix was surprisingly simple. I can't take all the credit I'm afraid... AlanVi posted the fix on this Microsoft forum. Basically.. follow this link, download and install AMD Quick Stream.. and the problem goes away. You would think companies like AMD and Microsoft would let each other know stuff like this might happen to each others gear..

On a more personal note.. I started up Chrome on this old pup and found the Amazon page for my new laptop.. I didn't even try to hide the impending affair from my G6.

No comments: