Sunday 16 March 2014

HP G6 running like it should


Further to my last post about the SM Bus Controller issue, I've just completed a full re install of Windows 7. After updating the BIOS (previous post) I was able to boot direct from the DVD drive which meant I could properly format the disk and start again. I then re installed the drivers I wanted from the HP website apart from The display/graphics adapter drivers. I then installed the SM Bus Controller I'd taken from the Lenovo website. The Catalyst program comes with it which enables you to control the resolution etc. You do not need to install any other graphics/display drivers.

This laptop is finally running like it should have when it came out of the factory. God knows why developers spend fortunes developing hardware only to slow it down with a load of bloatware. 

No comments: