Sunday 16 March 2014

HP Pavilion G6-1336SA SM Bus Controller



I have a HP G6, looks great and feels like its well made, however the amount of bloatware on it was crazy, making it depressingly slow. I decided to format the whole thing and do a fresh install of Windows 7 minus all the guff that HP included.

The HP website quite helpfully has a auto detect function that lets you know what drivers you need, however after everything was installed (minus a few things I didn't feel I needed) I kept getting the SMBus Controller showing as not being installed in the Device Manager list. Did lots of searching, manually scrolling around the AMD website for drivers, forums etc etc and couldn't actually find a solution. So, I hunted about myself and found that Lenovo use the same chipset in one of their devices. Click this link to visit their page and hey presto! SMBus Controller problem gone!

No comments: